Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Chang Chen <ba...@gmail.com> on 2020/12/25 10:01:14 UTC

The progress of DataSourceV2 based connector for JDBC?

Hi All

Is there any plan for supporting JDBC DataSourceV2?

I noticed this PR(https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/25211) but was
closed a year ago.

@Wenchen Fan <cl...@gmail.com> already implemented some basic catalog
functionality, so we can using datasource v2 by SQL, for example:

select * from h2.db.table.

But this is inconvenient  for  case where we have to use API, and let up
level pass the parameters to create concrete Relation.

Re: The progress of DataSourceV2 based connector for JDBC?

Posted by Maxim Gekk <ma...@databricks.com>.
Hi Chang Chen,

You can track progress in the umbrella JIRA:

Maxim Gekk

Software Engineer

Databricks, Inc.