Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by beyaNet <an...@jibeya.com> on 2004/10/27 00:49:24 UTC

Jboss 3.2.6 - problem with flowscript global variables and session objects

Hi,
i have just transfered my cocoon site from tomcat to JBoss 3.2.6
running cocoon 2.1.5.1. I have discovered that global variables or even
created sessions do not persist from page to page.

i.e.

1. var my GlobalVar = 1

will not persist and neither will

2. 	//Create session variable
	cocoon.createSession();

	//Assign user object into session variable
	cocoon.session.setAttribute("user",userGlobal);

	//Redirect user to registered area of site
	cocoon.sendPage("registered_section1.xml", {"msg":msg,
"userGlobal":cocoon.session.getAttribute("user")});

Is this a bug in 2.1.5.1 with JBoss or have I missed something in the
build process which handles persistence in Cocoon?

regards

Andrew

Re: Jboss 3.2.6 - problem with flowscript global variables and session objects

Posted by beyaNet <an...@jibeya.com>.
Hi,
on further reading I have ascertained that a servlet session is
created, and and the global scope containing the global variables'
value(s) is saved in it, when cocoon.createSession() is called. It
seems that the servlet session is not being created. My cocoon.war is
situated as follows:

/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat50.sar/cocoon.war

1. Does anybody have a similar experience with this when using cocoon
within JBoss? Is this a bug? Is there a solution?
2. How can I get cocoon to log information in JBoss?

many thanks in advance

Andrew

Posted by beyaNet <an...@jibeya.com>.
Hi,
further to my original message, does anyone know which block(s) handles