Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> on 2009/05/14 17:14:17 UTC

[2.x] Spring dependency

In the implementation-spring-sca pom the dependency on the Spring jars
is marked as provided. I can see that some people may want to run
Tuscany in a runtime where they are provided but for I distribution I
believe we will be shipping these jars. Also I need to generate the
PDE target so that Eclipse picks up these Jars at development time.
Anyone object to me changing these to a non-provided dependency?

Simon

Re: [2.x] Spring dependency

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
An artifact with "provided" scope is still required at development time
including the maven compilation or eclipse classpath. The side effect is
that the artifact will be excluded from the transitive dependencies. It's
probably better just use the "compile" scope and leave the exclusion to the
packaging plugins such as the war plugin or assembly plugin if we don't want
to have the artifact shipped.

+1 to change the scope to "compile".

Thanks,
Raymond

Re: [2.x] Spring dependency

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 7:50 PM, Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think we do want to ship the Spring jars as part of the Tuscany
> distribution. Simon was saying the same thing.
>
> Raymond

Yep, I was saying we should ship the Jars. I'll commit the change.

Simon

Re: [2.x] Spring dependency

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.

Re: [2.x] Spring dependency