Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Curtis LaMasters <cu...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/26 23:13:34 UTC

local.cf config verification

Is it ok to post up my local.cf for you more experienced fold to look at? In
my opinion, I believe, Spamassassin is doing a great job, I just want to see
if there is anything else that I can put into it.  I'm also using
rules-de-jor and SARE.

Curtis LaMasters
http://www.curtis-lamasters.com
http://www.builtnetworks.com

Re: local.cf config verification

Posted by mouss <mo...@netoyen.net>.
Curtis LaMasters wrote:
> Is it ok to post up my local.cf for you more experienced fold to look at? In
> my opinion, I believe, Spamassassin is doing a great job, I just want to see
> if there is anything else that I can put into it.  I'm also using
> rules-de-jor and SARE.

consider using sa-update instead of rules-du-jour.

also consider using Justin's Sought rules.
	http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/SoughtRules
	http://taint.org/2007/08/15/004348a.html

Re: local.cf config verification

Posted by "McDonald, Dan" <Da...@austinenergy.com>.
On Tue, 2008-08-26 at 16:13 -0500, Curtis LaMasters wrote:
> Is it ok to post up my local.cf for you more experienced fold to look
> at? In my opinion, I believe, Spamassassin is doing a great job, I
> just want to see if there is anything else that I can put into it.

There is always stuff you could put in it.  I've personally got 50 rules
in my site directory, and 9 plugins that required custom configuration.
But that's my site, which is not your site....

>  I'm also using rules-de-jor and SARE.

rules-du-jour hasn't worked in a long time, and the ninjas posted a
notice that they would rather go fishing than write rules.  You are
better off to use the sa-update method documented at
http://daryl.dostech.ca/sa-update/sare/sare-sa-update-howto.txt

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE #2495, CISSP #78281, CNX
Austin Energy