Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Wolfgang Gehner <wg...@infonoia.com> on 2004/10/25 16:45:24 UTC

Jackrabbit JDBC repository contribution

Hi there, we're getting our feet wet with Jackrabbit.

We would like to contribute a JDBC Repository Implementation.

Based on the DAO pattern, with (Apache) iBatis sql-maps for easy swapping of SQL depending on database platform. With iBatis, adapting to different db implementations (and db schemata) is a cinch! We've distributed a Tomcat-DAO-iBatis-PostgreSQL stack in 4000 copies in the past, and it works beautifully.

We guess there would be a org.apache.jackrabbit.core.db package. And repository.xml dtd would have to be augmented to add nodes other than "FileSystem".

Please share your comments and suggestions,

Wolfgang Gehner
- co-author Struts Best Practices -

Infonoia S.A.
rue de Berne 7
1201 Geneva
Tel: +41 22 9000 009
Fax: +41 22 9000 018
wgehner@infonoia.com
http://www.infonoia.com

Struts Best Practices (ISBN 3898642844)

Re: Jackrabbit JDBC repository contribution

Posted by Wolfgang Gehner <wg...@infonoia.com>.
Thanks! We try the Persistence Manager route you suggest.

Best regards,

Wolfgang

Posted by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@gmail.com>.
hi wolfgang

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Wolfgang Gehner wrote:

> Hi there, we're getting our feet wet with Jackrabbit.
>
> We would like to contribute a JDBC Repository Implementation.
>
> Based on the DAO pattern, with (Apache) iBatis sql-maps for easy swapping of SQL depending on database platform. With iBatis, adapting to different db implementations (and db schemata) is a cinch! We've distributed a Tomcat-DAO-iBatis-PostgreSQL stack in 4000 copies in the past, and it works beautifully.
>
> We guess there would be a org.apache.jackrabbit.core.db package. And repository.xml dtd would have to be augmented to add nodes other than "FileSystem".
>
> Please share your comments and suggestions,

I say: bring it on! :-)

--
Stefano.

Re: Jackrabbit JDBC repository contribution

Posted by Ugo Cei <ug...@apache.org>.
Il giorno 25/ott/04, alle 16:45, Wolfgang Gehner ha scritto:

> We would like to contribute a JDBC Repository Implementation.

Cool! It would be interesting to see how it performs, speed-wise, with
respect to the filesystem repository. Did you do any benchmarks?

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/