Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "K.P.Majoor" <kp...@7bulls.com> on 2001/04/24 14:11:32 UTC

cocoon in tomcat, can't get tomcat running anymore!

Hi all,

I've got the feeling that I am asking a question which I could've found
somewhere on the web, but I've been searching for a long time without
results.

I'm using tomcat 4.0 binary version, works fine on my Debian Linux
testing machine.  Next to that I use Java v 1.3.

Now I'd like to use cocoon, and after following the installation
instructions carefully I have to give up at this point. When I try to
start tomcat right now I get:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
addRepositoryInternal: java.lang.NullPointerException
 at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.addRepositoryInternal(StandardClassLoader.java:1073)

 at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.<init>(StandardClassLoader.java:166)

 at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.createSharedLoader(Bootstrap.java:324)

 at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:122)

Anybody who has had this before? And anyone who has a clue?

Thanks already for the help,

Klaas-Pieter