Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Marcin Okraszewski <ok...@o2.pl> on 2003/12/11 12:59:04 UTC

[Woody / continuation] Passing continuation-id as request parameter stalls request !!!

Hi,
I want to pass continuation ID as a hidden parameter. So I did fallowing
form:

<wt:form-template action="" method="POST">
   <wt:continuation-id/>
</wt:form-template>

in output <wt:continuation-id> is converted to
<input value="<some number>" type="hidden" name="continuation-id"/>

In sitemap I've inserted fallowing matching (as a first rule):

<map:match type="request" pattern="continuation-id">
     <map:call continuation="{1}"/>
</map:match>

It looks, it should work fine, but it isn't!! When I want to perform any
action, my browser is loading page, and loading, and loading ...

Notice two things:
- the rule works, because I tried <map:redirect-to uri="{1}"/> and it
ends with error that there is no resource which name is exactly the id
of continuation

- when I put in form template "action='#{$continuation/id}.continue'" it
works with with fallowing matcher:
<map:match pattern="*.continue">
     <map:call continuation="{1}"/>
</map:match>

Any ideas what is wrong ??? I'm using Cocoon 2.1.4 dev.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Marcin Okraszewski

Re: [Woody / continuation] Passing continuation-id as request parameter stalls request !!!

Posted by Marcin Okraszewski <ok...@o2.pl>.
I have it !!! The problem was that I inserted it as a first rule. The
rule is matched, so it does make continuation. But Woody wants to
display form and the "continuation-id" request parameter is still there
in the request, so the rule matches again and it again calls
continuation. It simply makes infinite loop.

Damn, I'm so stupid!!!

Regards,
Marcin Okraszewski

Posted by Marcin Okraszewski <ok...@o2.pl>.