Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Chris Kimpton <ch...@kimptoc.net> on 2001/03/04 21:26:15 UTC

Re: Velocity and wrong file name

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade from 0.72 to 0.75 to get the better error handling -
but I get this error when calling the Runtime.init with a properties object;

[ConfirmFormatsEJB] java.lang.ClassCastException: java.util.Vector
[ConfirmFormatsEJB] java.lang.ClassCastException: java.util.Vector
[ConfirmFormatsEJB]     at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.configuration.Configurations.subset(Configuratio
ns.java:214)
[ConfirmFormatsEJB]     at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.configuration.Configuration.subset(Configuration
.java:317)
[ConfirmFormatsEJB]     at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManager.assembleResourceLoaderI
nitializers(ResourceManager.java:181)
[ConfirmFormatsEJB]     at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManager.initialize(ResourceMana
ger.java:143)
[ConfirmFormatsEJB]     at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.Runtime.init(Runtime.java:267)
[ConfirmFormatsEJB]     at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.Runtime.init(Runtime.java:301)
[ConfirmFormatsEJB]     at
com.lubega.confirms.entity.ConfirmFormatsBean.buildConfirmBody(ConfirmFormat
sBean.java:45)

This is my code - which works fine with 0.72 - just gives no errors for
invalid templates (which is done later in the code...)

[snip]
            Properties props = new Properties();
            String templatePath = getStatic("template.path");

props.setProperty("resource.loader.1.resource.path",templatePath);
            org.apache.velocity.runtime.Runtime.init( props /*
"Velocity.properties" */ );
[snip]

Yes - I am using velocity in a standalone app...

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Re: Velocity and wrong file name

Posted by Chris Kimpton <ch...@kimptoc.net>.
Hi,

> Should be fixed now chris, give it a whirl!

Thanks - thats it... although I was hoping the new validation/exceptions
would allow me to trap cases where a macro in the template did not expand
properly.

I would like to get an exception if a macro expands to null - is there a way
to turn this on somehow - a kind of "strict" setting or something?

Thanks,
Chris

Re: Velocity and wrong file name

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@periapt.com>.