Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Emmanuel Gilmont <e....@ibelgique.com> on 2003/01/23 09:56:57 UTC

Re: SMTP+SSL =error (log files)

You got it :-)

I made 3 attempts (see smtpserver.log for details):
1) kmail + ssl + auth + verification
2) kmail + ssl
3) openssl (see openssl.debug for details)

Thanks for all.

Have a nice day,
Emmanuel

RE: SMTP+SSL =error (log files)

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Emmanuel,

>From what is present in the log files, my guess is that kmail is starting
with a plain socket, and expecting to be able to switch to TLS using
STARTTLS.  That is why the connection is immediately rejected.  Is it
possible to force kmail to start with TLS?

STARTTLS support is being worked on for James v3.

	--- Noel