Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Mike Billau <mi...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/19 15:39:24 UTC

Apache VM for Medic's CouchDB

Hello everyone,

I have been working the last week on getting medic up and running here at
our office, and so far things are going pretty well. I would like to start
contributing our tests back to the community pretty soon. However, I
contacted Fil about flowing our test results back to the CI database, and
he informed me that unfortunately the EC2 instance has been removed.

I would like to propose that we have the Apache folks set us up with a
standard Linux VM that we can use to host the CouchDB server to collect
test results. Using an Apache VM seems to be more in the Apache spirit as
opposed to an EC2 instance. Since it would be more centralized and
community owned, it would potentially make it easier for other groups to
contribute test results. The VM can also serve as a home for any future
dumps or hosted scripts that we need.

Any thoughts on this? If there are no problems, then can somebody involved
with ASF help me create the relevant INFRA issues?

Thanks,
Mike Billau

Re: Apache VM for Medic's CouchDB

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.
If we can get one setup then yes why not (could be good to have more
than one frankly). Pursing the Nodejitsu guys to donate an instance
(as they do for npm itself) which has really good uptime... ;)

Posted by Mike Billau <mi...@gmail.com>.
Great, I created the INFRA issue here:

Posted by Anis KADRI <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.