Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Joseph Cabral <jo...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/27 13:26:49 UTC

Batch job to update Savings Account settings

Hi everyone,

We are thinking of implementing a batch job to update the settings of all
Savings Accounts linked to a specific Savings Product when some settings
are changed (ex. Interest Rate, Posting Period, etc).

Has anyone here implemented something similar? Any major stuff we need to
look out for? Of course our major concern is if for example the interest
rate was changed for a Savings Account would the unposted interests earned
before the settings change be affected or not.

Regards,

Joseph

Re: [Mifos-developer] Batch job to update Savings Account settings

Posted by Francis Guchie <fr...@gmail.com>.
Dear Joseph,

I have done something similar it was on savings monthly charges please see
my answers below

Has anyone here implemented something similar?
Any major stuff we need to look out for? -
*Look out for conflicts on the product settings what you change should be
inline with the changes on the product otherwise it might make mifos look
inaccurate*

Of course our major concern is if for example the interest rate was changed
for a Savings Account would the unposted interests earned before the
settings change be affected or not.
*Any non-posted interests in my experience will be affected on the next
interest calculation, MifosX will look at the last posting date, and
recalculate and update the " Earned interest not posted " during this
calculation, it will use the available rate (which you will have set at
that time)*

*Look out for " savings-interest-posting-current-period-end " under the
global configurations which determines when the interest is posted. "*

*Other changes like overdraft_limits and allowing overdraft might cause
issues in future so be careful if you wish to make challenges along these
lines - Reason is that during postings (charges, deposits, withdrawals etc)
mifosx runs through the entire transactions stack of that account (this was
for version 17.07.01) and if there is a conflict of conditions u will start
seeing error messages you did not see before*
if i were you i would do the following

   - *Start with accounts department and agree on the most appropriate date
   to do this in line with looking at point 2 below*
   - *Do these changes on a date after the interest has been posted just a
   day or 2 into the new posting period will make things easier *
   -

*I would test this on a non-production server and trigger the postings by
   inducing the cron job under Scheduler Jobs *

My Kind Regards

Francis Guchie Kirago
*Skype:* francisguchie
*Whatsapp: *232 79 19 44 07