Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Venu Gopal <K....@Sun.COM> on 2003/10/30 17:21:40 UTC

[Fwd: Re: UTF-16 encoding problem]

Hi All,
     Wanted to know if anyone is working on this problem,also wanted to
point that xerces currently ignores the encoding set via [1] eg : when
DOMInput has a bytestream set. The encoding found in xml-declaration
takes precedence right now.

Is it ok if we change the encoding mapping of IANA to java for UTF-16 as
per [2] or should we continue with "Unicode".

Thanks,
Venu

[1]http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-LS/load-save.html#LS-DOMInput-encoding
[2]http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/intl/encoding.doc.html

Re: [Fwd: Re: UTF-16 encoding problem]

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@apache.org>.
Hi Venu,

I had a look this bug a while ago but didn't spend enough time on it to
isolate the problem. As you reported in Bugzilla, perhaps there's a
problem with RewindableInputStream.