Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au> on 2002/11/10 02:02:51 UTC

problems with the Forrest website

There is something strange happening with the
Forrest website.

The front page looks about one week old, while
some other pages are newer and have a different
left-side panel. Compare the menu panel on these:
 http://xml.apache.org/forrest/
 http://xml.apache.org/forrest/your-project.html
The second one is more recent and correctly has the
new document in the menu panel "Standards Compliance".
However, when you follow the link you get a 404 Not Found.

How would the website get in this state? Is the
forrestbot still running and doing its job properly.

--David

Re: problems with the Forrest website

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
Jeff Turner wrote:

 >> Is the forrestbot still running and doing its job properly.
 >

 > AFAIK it's not being used, though it should be in a usable state.

It isn't running ATM, so updates to xml.apache.org/forrest, krysalis.org
and outerthought.net are manually.

</Steven>

Re: problems with the Forrest website

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 12:02:51PM +1100, David Crossley wrote:
> There is something strange happening with the
> Forrest website.
>
> The front page looks about one week old, while
> some other pages are newer and have a different
> left-side panel. Compare the menu panel on these:
>  http://xml.apache.org/forrest/
>  http://xml.apache.org/forrest/your-project.html
> The second one is more recent and correctly has the
> new document in the menu panel "Standards Compliance".
> However, when you follow the link you get a 404 Not Found.
>
> How would the website get in this state?

I suspect that Lazy People are trying to update your-project.html without
updating everything else, due to the slowness of committing 2.8 MB of
stuff through a dial-up connection.

:) I'll fix..

> Is the forrestbot still running and doing its job properly.

AFAIK it's not being used, though it should be in a usable state.

--Jeff