Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2008/04/23 21:29:11 UTC

[VOTE] Release CXF 2.1

This is a vote to release CXF 2.1.

Obviously, this is a pretty big release with a bunch of new things like
JAX-WS 2.1 support, the JAX-RS stuff, the javascripts stuff, the CORBA
binding from yoko, etc....

Of course, the other MAJOR new feature: it's no longer
labeled "incubator"!

The staging area is at:
http://people.apache.org/~dkulp/stage_cxf/2.1

The distributions are in the "dist" directory. The "maven" directory
contains the stuff that will by pushed to the maven repository. (the REAL
maven repository, not the incubating one this time!!!)

This release is tagged at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cxf/tags/cxf-2.1/

Here is my +1.   The vote will be open here for at least 72 hours.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA

Re: [VOTE] Release CXF 2.1

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
+1

RE: [VOTE] Release CXF 2.1

Posted by Emeka Kanu <em...@hotmail.com>.
+1

Cheers

> Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 11:59:41 +0800
> From: willem.jiang@gmail.com
> To: cxf-dev@incubator.apache.org
> Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release CXF 2.1
>
> +1
>
> Willem
> Daniel Kulp wrote:
> > This is a vote to release CXF 2.1.
> >
> > Obviously, this is a pretty big release with a bunch of new things like
> > JAX-WS 2.1 support, the JAX-RS stuff, the javascripts stuff, the CORBA
> > binding from yoko, etc....
> >
> > Of course, the other MAJOR new feature: it's no longer
> > labeled "incubator"!
> >

> > The staging area is at:
> > http://people.apache.org/~dkulp/stage_cxf/2.1
> >

> > The distributions are in the "dist" directory. The "maven" directory
> > contains the stuff that will by pushed to the maven repository. (the REAL
> > maven repository, not the incubating one this time!!!)
> >
> > This release is tagged at:
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cxf/tags/cxf-2.1/
> >

> > Here is my +1.   The vote will be open here for at least 72 hours.

Be a superhero and win! Play the Iron Man Mashup Game
http://www.ironmanmashup.co.uk

Re: [VOTE] Release CXF 2.1

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Willem

Re: [VOTE] Release CXF 2.1

Posted by Ulhas Bhole <ul...@iona.com>.
+1

--Ulhas Bhole

Daniel Kulp wrote:
> This is a vote to release CXF 2.1.
>
> Obviously, this is a pretty big release with a bunch of new things like
> JAX-WS 2.1 support, the JAX-RS stuff, the javascripts stuff, the CORBA
> binding from yoko, etc....
>
> Of course, the other MAJOR new feature: it's no longer
> labeled "incubator"!
>

> The staging area is at:
> http://people.apache.org/~dkulp/stage_cxf/2.1
>

> The distributions are in the "dist" directory. The "maven" directory
> contains the stuff that will by pushed to the maven repository. (the REAL
> maven repository, not the incubating one this time!!!)
>
> This release is tagged at:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cxf/tags/cxf-2.1/
>

> Here is my +1.   The vote will be open here for at least 72 hours.

----------------------------
Registered Number: 171387

Re: [VOTE] Release CXF 2.1

Posted by Eoghan Glynn <eg...@iona.com>.
+1

/Eoghan

Re: [VOTE] Release CXF 2.1

Posted by Fred Dushin <fr...@dushin.net>.
-0 (advisory and non-binding)

I'd really like to see a change to the tlsClientParameters, to replace
the disableCNCheck flag with a reference to a HostnameVerifier.  But
it can wait for 2.1.1.

-Fred

Re: [VOTE] Release CXF 2.1

Posted by Jeff Yu <je...@gmail.com>.
 +1

--
Cheers,
Jeff Yu

Re: [VOTE] Release CXF 2.1

Posted by jim ma <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Release CXF 2.1

Posted by J <je...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Release CXF 2.1

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Release CXF 2.1

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
+1

Freeman

Re: [VOTE] Release CXF 2.1

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 11:37:03AM -0400, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> On Thursday 24 April 2008, Guillaume Nodet wrote:
> > The release_notes.txt indicates the version is 2.1 beta 1.
>
> Jeesh..  I must have looked at that 20 times and it didn't trigger in my
> brain.   Yea, that's worth rebuilding.  :-(

+1

> > The README.txt has references to http://incubator.apache.org/cxf, but
> > I think the site will move very soon, so it might be better to update
> > it now
>
> I'm less concerned about that due to the redirect.  cxf.apache.org didn't
> work yesterday when I did the build and I didn't know when
> infrastructure was going to get it working.   However, since I need to
> rebuild, I'll go ahead and fix this as well.

        "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war"  ~ John Adams

Re: [VOTE] Release CXF 2.1

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Thursday 24 April 2008, Guillaume Nodet wrote:
> The release_notes.txt indicates the version is 2.1 beta 1.

Jeesh..  I must have looked at that 20 times and it didn't trigger in my
brain.   Yea, that's worth rebuilding.  :-(

> The README.txt has references to http://incubator.apache.org/cxf, but
> I think the site will move very soon, so it might be better to update
> it now

I'm less concerned about that due to the redirect.  cxf.apache.org didn't
work yesterday when I did the build and I didn't know when
infrastructure was going to get it working.   However, since I need to
rebuild, I'll go ahead and fix this as well.

Thanks!
Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA

Re: [VOTE] Release CXF 2.1

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

[WITHDRAW] [VOTE] Release CXF 2.1

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
To make it official.  I'm withdrawing this vote to rebuild the release.
I should have a new vote in a couple hours.

Dan

RE: [VOTE] Release CXF 2.1

Posted by "O'Callaghan, Sean" <se...@iona.com>.
+1