Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by cooshal <ku...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/04 07:34:35 UTC

Re: Simply Protect HTTP servlet

Hi:

I have similar concerns. I wanted to protect a particular endpoint. Here's
what I have done, so far:

// pom file

<build>
    <plugins>
        <plugin>
            <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
            <version>3.3.0</version>
            <inherited>true</inherited>
            <extensions>true</extensions>
            <configuration>
                <instructions>
                    <Web-ContextPath>/management</Web-ContextPath>
                    <Private-Package>*</Private-Package>
                    <Include-Resource>src</Include-Resource>
                    <_wab>src/main/webapp</_wab>
                </instructions>
            </configuration>
        </plugin>
    </plugins>
</build>

and, as per the suggestion from JB in previous post on this thread, I added
following in src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml. I am trying to protect
http://localhost:8181/management/ endpoint.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app version="2.5"
    xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd">
    <display-name>PRS-EAI Monitoring Console</display-name>
    <welcome-file-list>
        <welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
    </welcome-file-list>
    <security-constraint>
        <display-name>authenticated</display-name>
        <web-resource-collection>
            <web-resource-name>management</web-resource-name>
            <description/>
            <url-pattern>/management/*</url-pattern>
        </web-resource-collection>
        <auth-constraint>
            <description/>
            <role-name>user</role-name>
        </auth-constraint>
    </security-constraint>
    <login-config>
        <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
        <realm-name>karaf</realm-name>
    </login-config>
    <security-role>
        <description/>
        <role-name>user</role-name>
    </security-role>
</web-app>

I checked few examples from pax-web as well. Did I do something wrong?

Regards,
Cooshal.