Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Harper, Brad" <br...@epsiia.com> on 2008/04/09 00:49:51 UTC

Examples for scm:checkout Goal

Greetings:

We've begun committing release notes to an svn repository. I'd like to
extract the document during a release and bundle it with a project
artifact via the assembly plugin. I'm attempting to use the scm plugin
attached to the 'process-resources' phase in preparation for the
assembly, but I think I'm making this too difficult.

Can someone direct me to examples showing use of the scm:checkout goal?
As simple as that might seem, none of the examples at

  http://maven.apache.org/scm/plugins/examples/scm-advance-features.html

show use of scm:checkout and provide a clear relationship between
'developerConnectionUrl' and the supposedly required parameter
'baseDir'.

I've assumed that 'baseDir' refers to a directory in the repository
beneath the 'developerConnectionUrl' where the target file(s) are
located. Now I've removed <baseDir> altogether from the plugin
configuration, given a complete URL to the repository file in
<developerConnectionUrl>, and get

   [ERROR] svn: PROPFIND request failed on
'/docs/.../release-notes-....pdf'
   svn: PROPFIND of '/docs/.../release-notes-....pdf': authorization
failed

Thanks.

Brad

Re: Examples for scm:checkout Goal