Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Peter Horlock <pe...@googlemail.com> on 2009/07/16 08:38:42 UTC

Vote for more Maven documentation

Hi,

Tim from Sonatype gave us 4 different books / documentation about Maven and
Maven related stuff.
"Maven the definitive guide" (published by O'reilly)
http://www.sonatype.com/products/maven/documentation/book-defguide
"Nexus documentation
http://www.sonatype.com/products/nexus/documentation/book
m2eclipse documentation:
http://www.sonatype.com/m2eclipse/documentation/download-book?file=books/m2eclipse-book.pdf
And for the more experienced Maven users or those of you that are looking
for a best practices book that
describes a fast "howto do....." for Maven, he promised us a Maven Cookbook:
http://www.sonatype.com/products/maven/documentation/book-cookbook

However, in a post here on the Maven users list, he said he's planning to
work more on all the other books before he's
even starting to write the Maven Cookbook! TIM! That's WAY TOO LONG! We need
the Cookbook, we need it now! :-)
I've started an online Poll, and to be fair, you can vote for all 4 books.
Tell Tim from Sonatype which book he should focus on
next. So far 29 people have voted, and it's 16 votes for the Definitive
guide, 11 for the Cookbook, and 1 vote for the nexus book.
If you haven't voted yet, please do so now. And please be fair, only one
vote each!

http://*www*.doodle.*com*/p42ebutub2zx4kb4<http://www.doodle.com/p42ebutub2zx4kb4>

Peter, a MAVEN ADDICT :-)

Re: Vote for more Maven documentation

Posted by Brett Randall <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

On 7/17/09, Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems you are spamming the list to get attention, so far it does
> not work, so please stop it
>
> my 2c
>
> -D
>
> On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 10:38 AM, Peter
> Horlock<pe...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> 2009/7/16 Manos Batsis <ma...@geekologue.com>
>>

>>> It should be fair to assume that if Tim needed opinions, he would just
>>> ask
>>> for them. Once.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Manos
>>>

>> Actually, just in case you didn't notice, you'r spaming the list with even
>> more unrelated stuff than I did.
>> My mail was at least, related, even if I sended it twice - I just think
>> that
>> not everyone might have seen it (and it seems so as still more and more
>> people are voting), and to give them a chance to vote too.
>> Love you too!
>> P.s.: Did I already tell you to vote here:
>> http://www.doodle.com/p42ebutub2zx4kb4
>>
>> ;-)
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Peter

Sent from my mobile device

Re: Vote for more Maven documentation

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.
Not to mention that Tim writes our documentation at Sonatype so
naturally we have a say in which book gets done next...however feel
free to provide input, but m2e needs docs so that comes next
regardless. ;-)

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Peter Horlock <pe...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Manos Batsis <ma...@geekologue.com>.

Posted by Peter Horlock <pe...@googlemail.com>.
? No Dan, I am not a bot, I am as human as a human could be! ;-)

Peter

Re: Vote for more Maven documentation

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
is it a bot?