Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Scott Kelley <sk...@biomail.ucsd.edu> on 2001/04/26 01:45:24 UTC

Adding security constraints on a per-server basis

Hi,

I'm using Tomcat 3.2.1 on Solaris.

Is it possible to add a <security-constraint> tag somewhere so that
it will apply to the entire server at once? I want to lock down my
whole development server at once, instead of having to write separate
web.xml files for each application.

I tried adding a security constraint to the web.xml file in Tomcat's
conf/web.xml file, in the hope that adding to the "default" servlet
would make it apply to all servlets, but it didn't seem to work. Is
it supposed to? If this does work, does anyone have an example?

Thanks,

Scott
Scott Kelley, sk01@biomail.ucsd.edu
Biology Computing Services, UC San Diego