Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2004/09/10 02:13:46 UTC

Re: Why does SA 3.0 require Perl 5.6.1?

Posted by "Malte S. Stretz" <ms...@gmx.net>.
On Friday 10 September 2004 02:13 CET Justin Mason wrote:
> Barry Jaspan writes:
> > >The two main things I seem to remember are that perl 5.6.1 fixes a
> > > bunch of bugs from 5.6.0
> >
> > If anyone can remember what bugs were fixed that affect SpamAssassin,
> > I'd appreciate it.
>
> if I recall correctly, all of them were ExtUtils::MakeMaker-related...
> some crawling through the bugzilla ;) would probably show up the
> details.

Other bugs I remember (faintly):
 - Some other shipped modules were buggy.  Nothing which couldn't be fixed
   via CPAN.
 - A bug in the Perl 5.6.0 libs which occurred on some other systems than
   Linux.  IIRC on Solaris and I can't remember what it was exactly.

Cheers,
Malte

--
[SGT] Simon G. Tatham: "How to Report Bugs Effectively"
      <http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html>