Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "Kevin A. Burton" <bu...@newsmonster.org> on 2004/09/03 20:51:02 UTC

Patch for IndexWriter.close which prevents NPE...

I just attached a patch which:

1. prevents multiple close() of an IndexWriter

2. prevents an NPE if the writeLock was null.

We have been noticing this from time to time and I haven't been able to
come up with a hard test case.  This is just a bit of defensive
programming to prevent it from happening in the first place.  It would
happen from time to time without any reliable cause.

Anyway...

Thanks...

Kevin

--