Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Cory Zue <cz...@dimagi.com> on 2012/07/10 20:50:58 UTC

couchdb frequently crashing

Hi all,

I'm seeing some odd behavior in my couchdb for a production site.
Couch seems to be (fairly) frequently and unpredictably crashing, and
then restarting and recovering itself. This will happen sporadically
and frequently for periods of time, and then it remains quiet and
functional for long periods of time. For the most part the site has
remained totally functional with occasional blips, and there doesn't
seem to be anything inherently wrong with couch (in that I can read
and write to it and views are working fine). Still the behavior is
troubling and so I wanted to see if there's any way I can learn more
about the issue or precautions that I can be taking to recover or fix
it. Here is an example of the crash report, which is scattered
throughout the logs: http://dpaste.com/769142/

Any insights or advice would be much appreciated. I'm on a relatively
older version of couch (1.0.1).

thanks,
Cory