Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by Rob Cecil <ro...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/26 20:48:07 UTC

Re: SPAM-HIGH: Disparity between API usage and Luke

Same results, apparently, when I use Luke 1.0.1.

When I search for "Id:BAUER*" I get 15 hits in Luke, but in my custom app,
zero.

Posted by Itamar Syn-Hershko <it...@code972.com>.
It is, if you have any uppercase letters for example. If StandardAnalyzer
is passed to QueryParser and you search on a non-analyzed field, you won't
be able to find it.

Posted by Rob Cecil <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rob Cecil <ro...@gmail.com>.
Yeah sorry, I should have created 7 documents in the testindex - in my rush to get a standalone test done and emailed out I botched that. Thanks for the insight into the case issue with the KeywordAnalyzer. I'm starting to think how I might structure my application to possibly use the Query API in conjunction with the QueryParser. But, QueryParser is very compelling.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Rob Cecil <ro...@gmail.com>.
And the prize goes to Simon for figuring out the quandary about why Luke
behaved differently. Indeed Luke seems to default its QP to have
SetLowercaseExpandedTerms set to false also. Check out this screenshot:

http://screencast.com/t/zb2jNT3wAM

Notice the checkbox "Lowercase expanded terms..." is unchecked.

Posted by Rob Cecil <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon Svensson <si...@devhost.se>.

Posted by Rob Cecil <ro...@gmail.com>.
Sure, this is self-contained:

Posted by "Lingam, ChandraMohan J" <ch...@intel.com>.

Posted by Rob Cecil <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Lingam, ChandraMohan J" <ch...@intel.com>.

Posted by Rob Cecil <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rob Cecil <ro...@gmail.com>.
So if you want to search a non-analyzed (non-tokenized) field, you should
not use StandardAnalyzer, but something like KeywordAnalyzer?

Posted by "Lingam, ChandraMohan J" <ch...@intel.com>.

Posted by Rob Cecil <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Lingam, ChandraMohan J" <ch...@intel.com>.

Posted by Itamar Syn-Hershko <it...@code972.com>.
It doesn't matter what analyzer you use if you do  Field.Index.NOT_ANALYZED