Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2019/06/02 22:03:41 UTC

MongoDB in Log4j 2 3.0

Looking at the MongoDB web site I see release 4 and release 3. We have support for release 2 and 3. Do we really need support for version 2 in the 3.0 branch? Is anything special required to support MongoDB 4?

Ralph

Re: MongoDB in Log4j 2 3.0

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the context, Gary!

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: MongoDB in Log4j 2 3.0

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 10:52 AM Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>
wrote:

> OK….
>

> https://docs.mongodb.com/ecosystem/drivers/driver-compatibility-reference/#java-driver-compatibility
> <
> https://docs.mongodb.com/ecosystem/drivers/driver-compatibility-reference/#java-driver-compatibility>
> says the 2.x driver only supports MongoDB 3.0 and partly supports MongoDB
> 3.2. https://www.mongodb.com/support-policy <
> https://www.mongodb.com/support-policy> says MongoDB 3.0 reached EOL
> February of last year and 3.2 last September. Given that Log4j 2 3.0 hasn’t
> been released and is unlikely to be released for several more months I see
> no reason to keep providing compatibility with the MongoDB 2.x when that is
> released.

These all sound like good reasons to get rid of it.

Gary

Re: MongoDB in Log4j 2 3.0

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
OK….

https://docs.mongodb.com/ecosystem/drivers/driver-compatibility-reference/#java-driver-compatibility <https://docs.mongodb.com/ecosystem/drivers/driver-compatibility-reference/#java-driver-compatibility> says the 2.x driver only supports MongoDB 3.0 and partly supports MongoDB 3.2. https://www.mongodb.com/support-policy <https://www.mongodb.com/support-policy> says MongoDB 3.0 reached EOL February of last year and 3.2 last September. Given that Log4j 2 3.0 hasn’t been released and is unlikely to be released for several more months I see no reason to keep providing compatibility with the MongoDB 2.x when that is released.

Re: MongoDB in Log4j 2 3.0

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Re: MongoDB in Log4j 2 3.0

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.