Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Brian Gerby <br...@hotmail.com> on 2011/11/22 19:44:44 UTC

Highlight with multi word synonyms

I'm trying to use multi-word synonyms. For example in my synonyms file I have nhl, national hockey league. If I do this index only, a search for nhl returns a correct match, but highlights the first word only, national. Ideally, it would highlight national hockey league or not highlight at all. If I do the synonyms at both index and query time, it finds the match and does the correct highlighting, but I understand it is not ideal to do synonyms at index and query time. I am expanding synonyms and using edismax. Thoughts?