Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by A SG <as...@yahoo.com> on 2002/01/21 07:23:51 UTC

Authorization problem

Hi,
I am using the cmd line webdav client Slide.I am able
to connect to the webdav server and also able to
download files from webdav server.But when I am trying
to download a file from webdav server I am facing some
authorization error.
The error log is given below.
F:\jakarta-slide-1.0.16\build\client\classes>java
org.apache.webdav.cmd.Slide
[ Slide ] $ open
Enter http URL: http://localhost:8080/
[LOCALHOST] / $ put index.html
Uploading  'index.html' to '/index.html': failed.
Forbidden (403)
[LOCALHOST] / $

------------
I guess the userid with which I am logging in does not
have write permissions.
My questions are
1)How do I log in with an userid which has write
permission with this command line utility.
2)In which configuration file are the user ids and
their permissions to resources mentined.

Regards

J2EE DescriptorStore

Posted by Jacob Lund <ja...@qualiware.com>.
Hi All,

I am trying to use the J2EE Descriptor store. I get the following
message on my console:

06 Feb 2002 15:01:26 - slidestore.j2ee.J2EEDescriptorsStore - INFO -
06 Feb 2002 15:01:26 - INFO - FileContentStore rootpath:
d:\Tomcat4\contentstore
06 Feb 2002 15:01:26 - org.apache.slide.common.Namespace - INFO -
06 Feb 2002 15:01:26 - org.apache.slide.common.Namespace - INFO -
06 Feb 2002 15:01:26 - slidestore.j2ee.J2EEDescriptorsStore - INFO -
Connectingto "null" as user "null"
06 Feb 2002 15:01:26 - org.apache.slide.common.Namespace - ERROR -
Unable to read Namespace base configuration file :
06 Feb 2002 15:01:26 - org.apache.slide.common.Namespace - ERROR -
java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
slidestore.j2ee.J2EEDescriptorsStore.connect(J2EEDescriptorsStore.java:2
86)
        at
org.apache.slide.store.AbstractStore.connect(AbstractStore.java:236)
        at
org.apache.slide.common.AbstractServiceBase.connectIfNeeded(AbstractServ
iceBase.java:214)

The line connecting to "null" as user "null" does not seem right - The
username, password and database are all defined in my server.xml
datasource specification.

Am I missing something?

/Jacob

Re: Authorization problem

Posted by A SG <as...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,
This mail is in reference to the problem I had faced
quite a few days back.I configured tomcat and slide
according to
http://faq.globalvision.com.au/fom-serve/cache/88.html.
I have a few questions abt the directory structure of
tomcat.When the slide.war and slidedoc.war
was unpacked  folders slide and slidedoc were created
but no folder named files was created under slide
instead a folder files was created under bin.
I create a folder files under slide and create a file
named say xx.txt under bin/files and slide/files(this
is bcoz I am not sure from where it searches for the
file xx.txt)
If from the browser i connect with the url
http://root:root@localhost:8080/slide/files
then a page is loaded with acl list but no file is
listed under directorylisting.
However I created a folder named files under Root and
a file xx.txt under files.I connected with the url
http://localhost:8080/files/ and I could see the file
in directory listing.

Using the command line client
I was able to download a file from Root/files.But
while trying to upload a file i got the error
Uploading  'joy.txt' to '/files/joy.txt': failed.
Forbidden (403).
I am failed to both download/upload a file from both
slide/files and bin/files.
I connect with the url
http://root:root@localhost:8080/slide/files
The error while downloading is
Downloading  '/slide/files/xx.txt' to 'xx.txt':
failed.Not Found (404).
This clearly indicates that it hasnt been able to
resolve the path.
The error while I am trying to upload is the following
[LOCALHOST] /slide/files/ $ put xx.txt
Uploading  'xx.txt' to '/slide/files/xx.txt': failed.
Forbidden (403).

I guess I have been able to express the problem
clearly.I faced this problem around 2 weeks ago and
for some reason had to stop working on this.

Thanking in advance
Regards
Soumya....

Re: Authorization problem

Posted by Kevin Moran <gr...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Re: Authorization problem

Posted by A SG <as...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Dirk,

http://auctions.yahoo.com

Re: Authorization problem

Posted by Christopher Lenz <cm...@gmx.de>.
24.01.2002 06:03:23, A SG <as...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>I had already followed the steps mentioned by you but
>still I am getting the same error.I had also tried to
>login as another user and made the following change in
>the command line client.
>httpURL.setUserInfo("john", "john");
>Since I have registered only a few days back i.e after
>Jan-13 th I dont have that mail "Logging Into Slide
>>from client" .It would be really nice if anyone could
>fwd that mail to me.
>Regards
>Soumya.

check the archive here: