Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2007/12/14 13:18:59 UTC

[VOTE] Release 2.0 from RC 6

Hi Lenya devs,

Jürgen and Richard invested quite a lot of effort in the resolution of
the SVG module bug, so that Thorsten could create another RC.

Please cast your votes if Lenya 2.0 shall be released from RC 6:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lenya/tags/RELEASE_2_0_RC_6

+1 from me.

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH

Re: [VOTE] Release 2.0 from RC 6

Posted by Joachim Wolfgang Kaltz <jo...@uni-due.de>.
Andreas Hartmann schrieb:
> Hi Lenya devs,
>
> Jürgen and Richard invested quite a lot of effort in the resolution of
> the SVG module bug, so that Thorsten could create another RC.
>
> Please cast your votes if Lenya 2.0 shall be released from RC 6:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lenya/tags/RELEASE_2_0_RC_6

+1

Wolfgang

[Summary] [VOTE] Release 2.0 from RC 6

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Lenya devs,

Andreas Hartmann schrieb:
> Hi Lenya devs,
>
> Jürgen and Richard invested quite a lot of effort in the resolution of
> the SVG module bug, so that Thorsten could create another RC.
>
> Please cast your votes if Lenya 2.0 shall be released from RC 6:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lenya/tags/RELEASE_2_0_RC_6

the standard voting period of one week has passed.
We have 8 positive and no negative votes, which means that we can
release Lenya 2.0 from RC6.

Thanks to everyone!

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH

Re: [VOTE] Release 2.0 from RC 6

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 13:18 +0100, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Hi Lenya devs,
>
> Jürgen and Richard invested quite a lot of effort in the resolution of
> the SVG module bug, so that Thorsten could create another RC.
>
> Please cast your votes if Lenya 2.0 shall be released from RC 6:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lenya/tags/RELEASE_2_0_RC_6

+ 1

I am now off for a week and will then pick up from:
http://lenya.apache.org/docs/release.html#Add+the+Release+Notes
if nobody beats me to it.

salu2

Re: [VOTE] Release 2.0 from RC 6

Posted by Bob Harner <bo...@gmail.com>.
On 12/14/07, Jörn Nettingsmeier <ne...@apache.org> wrote:
> Jürgen Ragaller wrote:

> >> +1
> >
> > +1
>
> sorry i haven't been able to test lately. but if you guys think we're
> ok, i'm +1.
> thanks for your work! i'm looking forward to re-sync to trunk sometime
> next week.
>
> regards,
>
> jörn

+1

Re: [VOTE] Release 2.0 from RC 6

Posted by Jörn Nettingsmeier <ne...@apache.org>.
Jürgen Ragaller wrote:

> Am 14.12.2007 um 14:15 schrieb Richard Frovarp:
>
>> Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>>> Hi Lenya devs,
>>>
>>> Jürgen and Richard invested quite a lot of effort in the resolution
>>> of the SVG module bug, so that Thorsten could create another RC.
>>>
>>> Please cast your votes if Lenya 2.0 shall be released from RC 6:
>>>
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lenya/tags/RELEASE_2_0_RC_6
>>>

>>> +1 from me.
>>>
>>> -- Andreas
>>>

>> +1
>
> +1

sorry i haven't been able to test lately. but if you guys think we're
ok, i'm +1.
thanks for your work! i'm looking forward to re-sync to trunk sometime
next week.

regards,

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier

   - Ken Thompson.

Re: [VOTE] Release 2.0 from RC 6

Posted by Jürgen Ragaller <ra...@null-oder-eins.ch>.
Am 14.12.2007 um 14:15 schrieb Richard Frovarp:

> Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>> Hi Lenya devs,
>>
>> Jürgen and Richard invested quite a lot of effort in the resolution
>> of the SVG module bug, so that Thorsten could create another RC.
>>
>> Please cast your votes if Lenya 2.0 shall be released from RC 6:
>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lenya/tags/RELEASE_2_0_RC_6
>>

>> +1 from me.
>>
>> -- Andreas
>>

> +1

+1

Jürgen

Re: [VOTE] Release 2.0 from RC 6

Posted by Richard Frovarp <Ri...@sendit.nodak.edu>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Hi Lenya devs,
>
> Jürgen and Richard invested quite a lot of effort in the resolution of
> the SVG module bug, so that Thorsten could create another RC.
>
> Please cast your votes if Lenya 2.0 shall be released from RC 6:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lenya/tags/RELEASE_2_0_RC_6
>

> +1 from me.
>
> -- Andreas

+1

Re: [VOTE] Release 2.0 from RC 6

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 17:03 +0100, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Andreas Hartmann schrieb:
> > Andreas Hartmann schrieb:
> >> Hi Lenya devs,
> >>
> >> Jürgen and Richard invested quite a lot of effort in the resolution of
> >> the SVG module bug, so that Thorsten could create another RC.
> >>
> >> Please cast your votes if Lenya 2.0 shall be released from RC 6:
> >>
> >> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lenya/tags/RELEASE_2_0_RC_6
> >
> > The release archives are in place at
> >
> >   people.apache.org:/www/www.apache.org/dist/lenya/SOURCES
> >
> > and the website has been committed.
> >
> > In 24 hours from now the mirrors should have picked up the archives.
> > If nobody objects, I'll trigger the website update tomorrow evening.
>
> The website has been updated by the cron job - the release is online.
> A big Thank You to everybody who was involved!

As well a big thanks to you, Andreas. Nice work.

salu2

Re: [VOTE] Release 2.0 from RC 6

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Andreas Hartmann schrieb:

[...]

> Unfortunately the md5 files have not been distributed to the mirrors.
> Any ideas why? Should I send a mail to the infrastructure team?

I just noticed that this is on purpose, mirroring the checksums would
render them useless because they are used to verify the integrity of the
mirrored release archive.

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH

Re: [VOTE] Release 2.0 from RC 6

Posted by Joern Nettingsmeier <ne...@folkwang-hochschule.de>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Unfortunately the md5 files have not been distributed to the mirrors.
> Any ideas why? Should I send a mail to the infrastructure team?

i guess the reasoning is that if a mirror is compromised, so will the
hashes.
therefore, md5s only reside on the apache master server. users can use
henk's cgi to post an md5 they have computed, and the cgi will tell them
which file it is, or if it is a valid file at all (very good idea imho).

see INSTALL-SRC.txt for details.

--
jörn nettingsmeier

home://germany/45128 essen/lortzingstr. 11/
http://spunk.dnsalias.org
phone://+49/201/491621

Kurt is up in Heaven now.

Re: [VOTE] Release 2.0 from RC 6

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Andreas Hartmann schrieb:
> Andreas Hartmann schrieb:
>> Hi Lenya devs,
>>
>> Jürgen and Richard invested quite a lot of effort in the resolution of
>> the SVG module bug, so that Thorsten could create another RC.
>>
>> Please cast your votes if Lenya 2.0 shall be released from RC 6:
>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lenya/tags/RELEASE_2_0_RC_6
>
> The release archives are in place at
>
>   people.apache.org:/www/www.apache.org/dist/lenya/SOURCES
>
> and the website has been committed.
>
> In 24 hours from now the mirrors should have picked up the archives.
> If nobody objects, I'll trigger the website update tomorrow evening.

The website has been updated by the cron job - the release is online.
A big Thank You to everybody who was involved!

Before we announce it to the public, it would be great if you could take
a look at the homepage to check it for version inconsistencies, and
maybe download the release and give it a try.

Re: [VOTE] Release 2.0 from RC 6

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Jörn Nettingsmeier schrieb:
> Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>> Andreas Hartmann schrieb:
>>> Hi Lenya devs,
>>>
>>> Jürgen and Richard invested quite a lot of effort in the resolution of
>>> the SVG module bug, so that Thorsten could create another RC.
>>>
>>> Please cast your votes if Lenya 2.0 shall be released from RC 6:
>>>
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lenya/tags/RELEASE_2_0_RC_6
>> The release archives are in place at
>>
>>   people.apache.org:/www/www.apache.org/dist/lenya/SOURCES
>>
>> and the website has been committed.
>>
>> In 24 hours from now the mirrors should have picked up the archives.
>> If nobody objects, I'll trigger the website update tomorrow evening.
>
> no objection here :)
> btw, i'm on #lenya for a while, if there's stuff to be worked on or
> anybody feels chatty.

Cool, we should keep that habit. I use to be online too, I have to leave
now but I'll probably join again later.

One more thing we could do is update the screenshots and maybe the
feature list on the Lenya homepage.

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH

Re: [VOTE] Release 2.0 from RC 6

Posted by Jörn Nettingsmeier <ne...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Release 2.0 from RC 6

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Release 2.0 from RC 6

Posted by Joern Nettingsmeier <ne...@folkwang-hochschule.de>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Andreas Hartmann schrieb:
>> Andreas Hartmann schrieb:
>>> Hi Lenya devs,
>>>
>>> Jürgen and Richard invested quite a lot of effort in the resolution
>>> of the SVG module bug, so that Thorsten could create another RC.
>>>
>>> Please cast your votes if Lenya 2.0 shall be released from RC 6:
>>>
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lenya/tags/RELEASE_2_0_RC_6
>>

>> I have uploaded the tar.gz and zip files:
>>
>>   http://people.apache.org/~andreas/lenya/2.0/
>>
>> Please test on your platforms. TIA!
>
> I compiled and started the .zip on Windows XP and the .tar.gz on Mac OS
> X 10.5 and didn't notice any anomalies.

ah, ignore my last mail, then. i'm pulling the tarball as i type, will
holler if i get problems.

Re: Please test: Release 2.0 from RC 6

Posted by Juergen Ragaller <ra...@apache.org>.
Am 07.01.2008 um 19:22 schrieb Jörn Nettingsmeier:

> Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>> Andreas Hartmann schrieb:
>>> I have uploaded the tar.gz and zip files:
>>>
>>>  http://people.apache.org/~andreas/lenya/2.0/
>>>
>>> Please test on your platforms. TIA!
>
> i've met with andreas on IRC today, and we found two minor issues, one
> missing dependency in the fckeditor module (strangely, it never
> surfaced
> for me before...), and some updates to the INSTALL-SRC.txt file.
>
> andreas had to leave, so i figured i might as well roll some new
> tarballs, to quench your urgent testing desires.
>
> i checked out the RELEASE_2_0 tag (andreas had already committed the
> fixes), did tar xvzf --exclude=.svn, and uploaded the file and
> md5sum to
> http://people.apache.org/~nettings,
> please test.

downloaded that tarball.

> andreas, i hope this tarball conforms to our release
> practices - if people don't find issues, it should be ok to just
> rename
> it and move it out.
>
> please hammer on it.

Looks healthy to me - not a very systematic test though. +1 to roll it
out.

Jürgen

Re: Please test: Release 2.0 from RC 6

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Jörn Nettingsmeier schrieb:
> Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>> Andreas Hartmann schrieb:
>>> I have uploaded the tar.gz and zip files:
>>>
>>>   http://people.apache.org/~andreas/lenya/2.0/
>>>
>>> Please test on your platforms. TIA!
>
> i've met with andreas on IRC today, and we found two minor issues, one
> missing dependency in the fckeditor module (strangely, it never surfaced
> for me before...), and some updates to the INSTALL-SRC.txt file.
>
> andreas had to leave, so i figured i might as well roll some new
> tarballs, to quench your urgent testing desires.
>
> i checked out the RELEASE_2_0 tag (andreas had already committed the
> fixes), did tar xvzf --exclude=.svn, and uploaded the file and md5sum to
> http://people.apache.org/~nettings,
> please test.

Looks good on Mac OS X. Thanks a lot!

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH

Please test: Release 2.0 from RC 6

Posted by Jörn Nettingsmeier <ne...@apache.org>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Andreas Hartmann schrieb:
>> I have uploaded the tar.gz and zip files:
>>
>>   http://people.apache.org/~andreas/lenya/2.0/
>>
>> Please test on your platforms. TIA!

i've met with andreas on IRC today, and we found two minor issues, one
missing dependency in the fckeditor module (strangely, it never surfaced
for me before...), and some updates to the INSTALL-SRC.txt file.

andreas had to leave, so i figured i might as well roll some new
tarballs, to quench your urgent testing desires.

i checked out the RELEASE_2_0 tag (andreas had already committed the
fixes), did tar xvzf --exclude=.svn, and uploaded the file and md5sum to
http://people.apache.org/~nettings,
please test. andreas, i hope this tarball conforms to our release

Re: [VOTE] Release 2.0 from RC 6

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Release 2.0 from RC 6

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Release 2.0 from RC 6

Posted by Jann Forrer <ja...@id.uzh.ch>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Hi Lenya devs,
>
> Jürgen and Richard invested quite a lot of effort in the resolution of
> the SVG module bug, so that Thorsten could create another RC.
>
> Please cast your votes if Lenya 2.0 shall be released from RC 6:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lenya/tags/RELEASE_2_0_RC_6
>

> +1 from me.

+1

Jann