Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Meyer, James" <ja...@experian.com> on 2001/06/12 21:23:19 UTC

tomcat/apache failover

Hello all,
My current setup involves an alteon ace director3 as a load balancer and two
sun solaris machines.

Currently both machines have apache1.3.19 and tomcat 3.2.1 running on them.
What I would like to setup is to have the alteon round robin requests to the
apache servers and then apache will hand the jsp requests to the correct
tomcat server based off of session id.
Is this possible? Currently it seems that tomcat is only able to handle one
apache and >1 tomcat's

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Also currently the alteon is not able to keep track of session information
and it will be to much $$$ to upgrade for this ability.

Thanks

-James Meyer