Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Sumit Shah <ss...@gce2000.com> on 2006/11/22 16:09:12 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 1.3 Configuration issue: Request cascading

Hello all,

I am using Apache 1.3, Mod_perl 1 on HP-UX. I have Apache jserv as the
interface to jsp/servlets.

Is anyone aware of how to setup request cascading within Apache (not
necessarily MOD_PERL).

I have a file filter setup as

<FilesMatch "\.(html|jsp)$">
 	       SetHandler  perl-script
 	       PerlHandler Apache::Proxy
 </FilesMatch>

But there is another configuration (Apache JSERV) that has a filter on
.jsp pages.
include "/HP_DEV/iAS/Apache/Jserv/etc/jserv.conf"

The jserv.conf contains the following:

ApjservAction .jsp /oa_servlets/oracle.jsp.JspServlet

So if the jserv configuration is present, the jsp pages do not go
through the Perl Handler. What I want is that the Perl handler get the
jsp before the JSERV, do the processing and then pass it to the JSERV
Servlet.

How should I configure Apache so that they both get the same request. I
would appreciate any help I could get.

Thanks
Sumit