Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Julien TOUCHE <ju...@lycos.com> on 2006/07/20 19:30:16 UTC

checkout only new or modified file ?

Hi

is there any options, tools or script to do a checkout only of new and
modified files with their directory tree ?

thanks
Regards

		Julien

Re: checkout only new or modified file ?

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jul 21, 2006, at 05:30, Julien TOUCHE wrote:

> Gavin Lambert wrote on 21/07/2006 00:01:
>
>> Quoth Julien TOUCHE
>>
>>> is there any options, tools or script to do a checkout only
>>> of new and modified files with their directory tree ?
>>
>> If by "new and modified files" you mean "files more recent than my
>> last
>> checkout/update", then the answer is "svn update".
>
> not in that way.
> more like a limited svn export to update production server without
> svn.
> i can make a path with svn diff, but it doesn't handle binary
> files, so ...

Use "svn export" on the local machine to create an export. Then use
"rsync" to bring the changes up to the production server.

Or, as Gavin said, use a working copy of the project on the
production server and use "svn update" to update it.

Re: checkout only new or modified file ?

Posted by Julien TOUCHE <ju...@lycos.com>.

Posted by Gavin Lambert <ga...@compacsort.com>.