Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by ming616 <mi...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/26 05:05:30 UTC

Wha will happen?

Hello, everyone!
I have three durable consumer thread A,B and C and a producer thread P for a
same topic TEST.FOO on the same broker.
step:
   1.A,B and C connect broker;
   2.p send messages, then A,B and c all got  messages;
   3.A,B broke down for network unconnected. c get message. and borker
stored message for A and B.
   4.Try to start A and B, I got a  exception :
	javax.jms.InvalidClientIDException: Broker: localhost - Client: consumerId
already connected.
   How can A and B get that stored messages?
   if at this time, another consumer thread D connect broker ,what D can get
?

   I'am waiting ! Thanks very much!

Re: Wha will happen?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
The InvalidClientIDException is due to the broker thinking that there
already is a client connected with that clientID. This could be a
timing issue (the client stops & starts before the broker has timed
out the old connection - something we should handle better), or you
could have hit this issue...

I think I know how to fix the above - will reply to this thread when I
think I've fixed it

On 7/26/06, ming616 <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, everyone!
> I have three durable consumer thread A,B and C and a producer thread P for a
> same topic TEST.FOO on the same broker.
> step:
>    1.A,B and C connect broker;
>    2.p send messages, then A,B and c all got  messages;
>    3.A,B broke down for network unconnected. c get message. and borker
> stored message for A and B.
>    4.Try to start A and B, I got a  exception :
>         javax.jms.InvalidClientIDException: Broker: localhost - Client: consumerId
> already connected.
>    How can A and B get that stored messages?
>    if at this time, another consumer thread D connect broker ,what D can get
> ?
>
>    I'am waiting ! Thanks very much!

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

Re: Wha will happen?

Posted by ming616 <mi...@gmail.com>.
In other words,after a enough time even A & B reconnected to broker, the
thread A & B will lost the messages which C got and stored in broker during
network unconnected. Is it right?
How to deal with those messages after that ?
I think A &B should consumed those messages after reconnected and then
delete them from DB.