Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Junguk Cho <jm...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/20 18:54:40 UTC

Storm master branch

Hi,

I would like to know Storm master branch.
So far, I have used Storm v1.0.1 and I plan to use Storm master branch
which removes many clojure core parts.

Is current master branch ok to run storm application?
Is there significant issues to use current master branch?

Thanks,
Junguk

Re: Storm master branch

Posted by Junguk Cho <jm...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Andrew.

Thank you for kind reply.
It helps me a lot.

Thanks,
Junguk

Re: Storm master branch

Posted by Andrew Xor <an...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

 I think I can answer that... first off, I assume you are referring to the
branches on Github <https://github.com/apache/storm>... If so, you have to
know that this is not where the actual first-party commits go... this is
just a mirror. There is a separate git tracker on the Apache Foundation here
<git://git.apache.org/storm.git>. Now that we got that out of the way
'master'-branch is the bleeding edge, so it's definitely not suitable for
production. If you want to have a specific version then you should instead
go to the Github 'releases <https://github.com/apache/storm/releases>'-tab
which has all of the current releases aggregated in one jolly nice place.

So to answer your questions with a boolean (i.e. 'yes' or 'no') style:

Q: Is current master branch ok to run a storm application?
A: No -- not for production, fine for testing (but, **not** tech
evaluation).

Q: Is there significant issues to use the current master branch?
A: Yes -- quite a few actually, the storm issue tracker