Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by David Yu <gu...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/01 17:18:07 UTC

Retention on compacted topics

Hi,

Does Kafka "log.retention.bytes" or "log.retention.ms" apply to compaction
enabled topic? I'll be surprised it does not, since this means that a
compacted topic will potentially grow unbounded if deletion is not
happening quickly enough (if we do deletion at all).

Thanks,
David

Re: Retention on compacted topics

Posted by David Yu <gu...@gmail.com>.