Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Joshua McKenzie <jm...@apache.org> on 2020/10/02 21:58:20 UTC

4.0 GA scope: the opt-in approach (CALL TO ACTION)

As discussed on the contributor call, we collectively agreed to try
something new to determine scope for 4.0. Rather than going ticket by
ticket or "asking for forgiveness" and having people move things out
individually, we've flagged all tickets in the 4.0 scope that are still
open with the fixversion '4.0-triage' with the intent to "opt things in".

Link:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20cassandra%20and%20fixversion%20%3D%204.0-triage

If there's a ticket you want to keep in the 4.0 release, please edit the
ticket and remove the '4.0-triage' fixversion. Let's target having this
done by End of Day Friday, October 9th (one week from now).

If you don't have access to remove that fixver from a ticket, please reach
out to me (jmckenzie), Jordan West, or Jon Meredith on the-asf slack in
#cassandra-dev or via DM and we'll help you out.

At the end of day on Oct 9th, we'll go through and move every ticket that
still has 4.0-triage into 4.0.x and have our scope for 4.0 GA.

Sound good?

~Josh

Re: 4.0 GA scope: the opt-in approach (CALL TO ACTION)

Posted by Joshua McKenzie <jm...@apache.org>.
At the end of the 7 day period, 26 issues remained with "4.0-triage" in
their fixversion. All 4.0-triage/alphe/beta/rc fixversions have been
removed from these remaining tickets and they are now flagged fixversion
4.0.x.

Thanks everyone.

Posted by Caleb Rackliffe <ca...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Capwell <dc...@apple.com.INVALID>.