Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Ghassemi, Hamid" <hg...@medassets.com> on 2009/03/24 22:53:30 UTC

execute a command after a checkout

We would like to execute a command after each tree checkout to
uncompress a zip file.  Currently we have to use a manual process.  Is
there such an option with Subversion?

Hamid Ghassemi
Lead Software Engineer

MedAssets
14405 SE 36th St Suite 206
Bellevue WA 98006
 (877) 937-3600 X502 Direct
 (425) 466-3088 Mobile
  hghassemi@medassets.com
www.medassets.com

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers

Re: execute a command after a checkout

Posted by David Weintraub <qa...@gmail.com>.
Out of curiosity: What is in this zipfile that the developers must
unzip whenever they do a checkout?

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 6:53 PM, Ghassemi, Hamid
<hg...@medassets.com> wrote:
> We would like to execute a command after each tree checkout to uncompress a
> zip file.  Currently we have to use a manual process.  Is there such an
> option with Subversion?
>
> Hamid Ghassemi
> Lead Software Engineer
>
> MedAssets
> 14405 SE 36th St Suite 206
> Bellevue WA 98006
> (877) 937-3600 X502 Direct
> (425) 466-3088 Mobile
> hghassemi@medassets.com
> www.medassets.com

> which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or
> privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use
> of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
> this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all
> computers

David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com

RE: execute a command after a checkout

Posted by "Todd C. Gleason" <tg...@impac.com>.

We would like to execute a command after each tree checkout to
uncompress a zip file.  Currently we have to use a manual process.  Is
there such an option with Subversion?

I don't know of one.  We have a similar requirement, for our developers
to install a full build with the latest source.  What we do is to run a
Python script that does both the svn update (actually a switch to
guarantee the proper svn path) and unzips the binaries as well.