Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bill2 <bi...@bavendam.com> on 2003/04/23 19:33:53 UTC

session timeout

Hello,

I am running Tomcat 4.0.4.   I am trying to warn users when their
session is about to expire.  I have javascript popup a new window which
has a form that calls a servlet in the application.  That servlet
includes the following lines:

HttpSession session=request.getSession();

      String address = "keepgoing.html";

         getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher(address).forward
(request,response);
        When I click on the button in this popup window, the session
isn't refreshed, but when I use a button within the main window the
session is refreshed as it should be..

Does this make sense and how can I let the user refresh the session?

Thanks,

Bill