Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Ryborg <ry...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/22 17:59:09 UTC

Programatically investigate namespace configuration

Is there a way to programatically investigate the configuration settings of
an SqlMapClient?  I would like to check the configuration to see if
namespaces are enabled, and do something like the following:

useNamespaces = getSqlMapClientProperty("useStatementNamespaces")

if (useNamespaces)
    sqlmap.insert("Namespace.insert", object)
else
    sqlmap.insert("insert", object)

At the moment, I have several projects that are inserting records into a
common email table.  Rather than duplicating this code in each project, I
made a small jar containing some sql maps and a simple service.  You can
then just drop this jar into one of the projects, and immediately be able to
insert records into an email table.  However, some of these projects use
namespaces, while others do not -- hence my interest in being able to read
how the SqlMapClient was configured.

For the moment I have achieved this functionality using try/catch blocks,
but would much rather achieve this with a conditional statement of some
flavor.  Thanks for you help.