Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Vladimir Terziev <vl...@rila.bg> on 2001/12/04 18:03:56 UTC

config/8939: Apache configuration bug or bug in documentation

>Number:         8939
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       Apache configuration bug or bug in documentation
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Apache documentation says, that the context of SetEnv configuration directive is
server config and virtual host. This means that .htaccess files are out of the
scope of SetEnv context.
The problem (may be the bug - I'm not sure) in configuration is that I use
SetEnv in .htaccess files and it works perfectly!
I discover that SetEnv is controlled by FileInfo subdirective in AllowOverride
directive. This is only a fact, not a bug.
I think there is a bug in apache documentation, but if I'm wrong, it means that
there is a bug i Apache config.
>How-To-Repeat:
You can write a CGI script, which prints the content of environment viriable,
created in .htaccess file.
>Fix:
Just fix the apache documentation.
 [to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]