Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Werner Guttmann <we...@indoqa.com> on 2012/10/30 13:23:48 UTC

Path transcoding problems with Batik

Hi,

we are trying to transcode an SVG into a PNG using Apache Batik, and we
are having problems with the quality of some SVG artefacts (mainly
pathes, using a pattern).

I have attached a small set of files that should be sufficient to assess
the problem, including ...

1) A very minimal SVG file (with one pattern definition and a path that
actually uses that pattern).
2) A screen shot of a PNG after transcoding, that shows (for the path
jags in the upper right area.

Our observations are:

a) When we view the SVG file in e.g. Inkscape, everything looks just
fine (i.e. the path is smooth and there are no jags).
b) Once we use Batik to transcode this image to a PNG, we are starting
to see those jags appear (as with this very path).

One more thing:

- We are not in control of e.g. the pattern definition, as that's
controlled externally. And the very same SVG is being used on a web site
where the rendering of SVG artefacts is done through flash and does not
cause this problem.

Any idea what could be causing this, and what we could do to improve the
situation for us ?

Kind regards
Werner Guttmann

Re: Path transcoding problems with Batik

Posted by Werner Guttmann <we...@indoqa.com>.
Hi Thomas,

adding share-rendering to the surrounding layers did the trick. Thanks
for your help.

Regards
Werner

Posted by DeWeese Thomas <th...@gmail.com>.