Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org> on 2019/12/11 17:22:30 UTC

ICYMI: substantial change around RPC authentication innards

Wellington's been giving me great rounds of review, but if this falls
into the wheelhouse of something you'd like to look at before it lands
in master, please give me a shout.

https://github.com/apache/hbase/pull/884

As of right now, I think we're pretty close to a commit. I'm happy to
hold up if someone wants to review and can make the time to do so.

- Josh

Re: ICYMI: substantial change around RPC authentication innards

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Josh for the great work.

Left a few comments on the PR.

Josh Elser <el...@apache.org> 于2019年12月12日周四 上午1:22写道:

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
Thanks Duo and Andrew!

For those still watching from the sidelines: yes, a large changeset, but
not an impactful user-facing one. Lots of semi-private interfaces being
fleshed out, but no user-facing changes nor wire compatibility changes.

I think this PR is not something we'll want to call "public stable"
right away, but call it "evolving" and see how people end up using it.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the opportunity to comment. In general the changes are great,
it's apparent you went through a few iterations and simplified as much as
possible. I left a couple of suggestions and comments on what I think are
nits on the review.

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands
   - A23, Crosstalk

Re: ICYMI: substantial change around RPC authentication innards

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,
Andrew