Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by WASAXIS <tc...@yahoo.it> on 2006/08/01 14:04:10 UTC

Re: Example on deploying Axis on Web Sphere Application Server

Unfortunately this doesn't work.
It seems like the PARENT_FIRST and PARENT_LAST  are useless in WAS.
The lib of the application server has priority.
So in the end I have this error.

Error: Invalid version of SAAJ API found in
C:\WebSphere\AppServer\lib\webservices.jar. Make sure that Axis' saaj.jar
precedes C:\WebSphere\AppServer\lib\webservices.jar in CLASSPATH.
Axis will not work.

If I put saaj.jar in the lib folder of web sphere it works but this is
something I can't do on
the producion environment. I'll try again but chances are that I'm going to
forget about
AXIS.:(
If you have any suggestions that could be useful please let me know.

Thanks

RE: Example on deploying Axis on Web Sphere Application Server

Posted by Dave Andreasen <da...@knetica.com>.
Have you tried getting the latest patches for WebSphere?  Some older
versions of WebSphere 5 have known issues with the classloader.  These
issues went away when the server was upgraded to the latest patch level.

I know of an Axis 1 installation that was successful in WebSphere 5 so I
know it can work.

Hope this helps!

Dave