Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Olivier Amira <ol...@webmotion.com> on 2002/07/23 17:45:52 UTC

Query and Boost Factor

Hi all,

  I'm (now) using a BooleanQuery to construct my query, and to verify
that my construction is correct, I use the toString() method to
retrieves the 'human readable' query.
  Everything seems to be okay, but when I set a Boost Factor for a
sub-query (or the main query itself), this factor doesn't appeard in the
String as I was waiting for (with an '^' character). It seem normal that
this construction doesn't use a '^' character to set a Boost Factor (due
to the syntax limitation of this operator), but How could I check the
Boost value other way than using the getBoost() method?

Thanks.

--
-----  Olivier Amira  -----
WEBMOTION, Ottawa - Canada