Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Charles Monteiro <ch...@nycsmalltalk.org> on 2012/02/24 00:48:51 UTC

BSON

I know , we are not meant to put up a wish list, but certainly having a
leaned down mechanism to message via http would be great.. In my case my
services are behind Ruby which has a bson implementation. ActionScript does
have a community package as well. I think it would be great to make it part
of core Apache Flex. The code is already there:

https://github.com/argoncloud/ActionBSON/

Haven't played with it yet.

-Charles

Re: BSON

Posted by Omar Gonzalez <om...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 11:50 PM, Martin Heidegger <mh...@leichtgewicht.at>wrote:

> On 24/02/2012 09:06, Jeffry Houser wrote:
>

>>  I think you'll have to get the creator to release it under a different
>> license and/or donate that code to Apache.
>>
>> https://github.com/argoncloud/**ActionBSON/blob/master/**LICENSE.txt<https://github.com/argoncloud/ActionBSON/blob/master/LICENSE.txt>
>>
>>  It seems he retains copyright and while that is very permissive; I'm not
>> sure what legal issues could come from submitting that code to Apache.
>>
>>  Nevertheless, I'm not sure why something like this would need to be
>> baked into Flex or what sort of special integration you need.
>>

> That is the MIT license, category-b [1]. However that doesn't matter: If
> all creators (in this case just Claudio Andreoni - as it seems) want to
> contribute it
> then that shouldn't be a problem. For example: Mustella has not been
> open-sourced and will most likely be contributed. It will need a license
> change in
> that process.
>
> yours
> Martin.
>
> [1] http://www.apache.org/legal/**3party.html#category-b<http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html#category-b>

I plan on moving MongoAS3, along w/ the BSON encoder/decoder, into my
whiteboard as I wrap it in a RemoteObject type of interface to add some
Flex specific functionality for using both BSON and MongoDB from
ActionScript 3.

http://github.com/s9tpepper/mongoas3

--
Omar Gonzalez
s9tpepper@apache.org

Re: BSON

Posted by Martin Heidegger <mh...@leichtgewicht.at>.

Re: BSON

Posted by Charles Monteiro <ch...@monteirosfusion.com>.
Sorry didn't see  your response to Martin, very cool.

--
Charles A. Monteiro
www.monteirosfusion.com

Re: BSON