Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Delos <da...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/25 14:19:03 UTC

[VOTE]- Geronimo Eclipse Plugins 2.2 - RC3 (3rd try)

Hi everyone,

Please review and vote on the release of the Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.2 *
RC3*. Compared to RC2, RC3 contains source code packages, checksum and
signature files for you to review.

You can verify the integrity of the files with KEYS from
http://www.apache.org/dist/geronimo/KEYS

The source code packages are here:

http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/2.2.0/RC3/staging_site/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-2.2-source-release.tar.gz

http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/2.2.0/RC3/staging_site/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-2.2-source-release.zip

The deployable binary zip file is here:

---->
http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/2.2.0/RC3/staging_site/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-2.2.0-deployable.zip

The update site binary zip file is here:

---->
http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/2.2.0/RC3/staging_site/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-2.2.0-updatesite.zip

The current svn location is here (revision number 897748):

---->
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/branches/2.2

The future svn location will be here (when approved):

---->
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/tags/2.2

If you would like to review and/or comment on the release notes, they are
here:

---->
http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/2.2.0/RC3/staging_site/PLUGIN_RELEASE-NOTES-2.2.0.txt

There is a rudimentary set of install instructions available at the URL
below that will hopefully describe the necessary prereq(s) and steps
required to install and run the GEP:

---->
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/how-to-install-geronimo-eclipse-plugin.html

In an effort to get more people to review and vote I'd recommend going
through this quick but useful tutorial demonstrating some of the
capabilities of the GEP:

---->
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/5-minute-tutorial-on-enterprise-application-development-with-eclipse-and-geronimo.html

Finally, I've created a Staging Site that can be used to test the update
manager functions (i.e., p2 in Ganymede or Galileo) of Eclipse for
downloading the GEP itself. This is also documented in the instructions, but
you must use the staging site created for this vote at:

---->
http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/2.2.0/RC3/staging_site/updates/

Please let me know if there are any questions and/or problems. The vote is
open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1  Release Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.2
[ ] +0  No opinion
[ ] -1  Don't release Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.2

Thanks in advance!

--
Best Regards,

Delos

Re: [VOTE]- Geronimo Eclipse Plugins 2.2 - RC3 (3rd try)

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Ivan

Re: [VOTE]- Geronimo Eclipse Plugins 2.2 - RC3 (3rd try)

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Delos <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kevan,

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi Delos,

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
+1

Was able to install in Eclipse 3.5.1 from update site, define a 2.2
server, start/stop server and perform a simple deploy.
Maven RAT check only flagged a few files, which should not have headers
(like MANIFEST.MF) and one exsd file in the testsuite which is not part
of the distribution.

-Donald

Posted by "Jay D. McHugh" <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

Jay

Posted by Delos <da...@gmail.com>.
:) Jack, thanks all the same!

Posted by Jack Cai <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Delos <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Johannes Weberhofer, Weberhofer GmbH" <of...@weberhofer.at>.
+1

It works nicely for me. Thank you Delos for all the work!

Johannes

--

|---------------------------------
|  weberhofer GmbH             | Johannes Weberhofer
|  information technologies    |
|  Austria, 1080 Wien, Blindengasse 52/3
|
|  Firmenbuch: 225566s, Handelsgericht Wien
|  UID: ATU55277701
|
|  phone : +43 (0)1 5454421 0  | email: office@weberhofer.at
|  fax   : +43 (0)1 5454421 19 | web  : http://www.weberhofer.at
|  mobile: +43 (0)699 11998315 |

Re: [VOTE]- Geronimo Eclipse Plugins 2.2 - RC3 (3rd try)

Posted by Delos <da...@gmail.com>.
I see. Thanks, Donald

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.