Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2015/04/20 16:42:59 UTC

How about proposing for a Flex track at the ApacheCon EU?

Hi,

I just got the email in which they are asking for track proposals.

What do you guys think about applying for one? I think we do have quite a lot of stuff we could talk about.

- Flex

- FlexJS

- Falcon

- BlazeDS

- FlexUnit

- ...

I would really love to have us apply for something like that. Especially after falling completely through the net with not a single accepted talk at the ApacheCon US 2015.

What do you think? I think it's about time we start promoting our stuff a little more aggressively ;-)

Chris

Re: How about proposing for a Flex track at the ApacheCon EU?

Re: AW: AW: How about proposing for a Flex track at the ApacheCon EU?

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Actually TAC supporting people unable to visit ApacheCon.
Speakers shouldn't pay for attendance this is why they have priority :)
(it's cheaper)

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 7:22 PM, piotrz <pi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Chris.
> I will think about applying. It would be great to see you and others from
> the Team. :)
>
> Piotr
>

> -----
> Apache Flex PMC
> piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: AW: AW: How about proposing for a Flex track at the ApacheCon EU?

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Piotr,

Actually the TAC don't just pay for people having talks. Usually you are expected to help organize the conference by introducing the talks and help here and there. I remember quite some that didn't have a single talk. It's meant for people willing to attend to ApacheCon, but are hesitating because they can't afford it. But they do select the applications they are willing to support. Applying is no guarantee to be supported.

I applied for Denver cause I got a talk accepted, but the company I worked for didn't support me with a single cent and it would have prevented me from being able to go. Glad my new company is happy to cover the expenses :-)

Chris