Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "McGarr, Joseph M." <jm...@nsf.gov> on 2005/07/03 20:18:57 UTC

[m2] Secure Passwords in the settings.xml

Has there been any talk about adding security to the server passwords
contained in the settings.xml file?  Currently, the only way I have found to
provide a server password is in plain text.  Would there be a way to prompt
the user for their password mid-build, and then have maven store an
encrypted version of this password in the settings.xml file.  I could also
be missing some other feature that would solve my problem.  Any help would
be greatly appreciated.