Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/08 11:30:53 UTC

Role based visiblity control of menu item, screens, forms & field

Hi All,

We have discussed it a number of times about extending the permissions
aspects of OFBiz with some kind of Role Based Access Control.
Currently we have in the functionalities only:

<if-has-permission permission="PERMISSIONNAME" action="_PERMISSIONACTION"/>

in various forms available for menu-items, screens and services.

Would it not be a great improvement for OFBiz to have something equivalent
for a role the user has to deliver a finer grained permission strategy,
like:

<if-has-role RoleType="ROLETYPEID">

Regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-
Based Manufacturing, Professional
Services and Retail & Trade
http://www.orrtiz.com

Re: Role based visiblity control of menu item, screens, forms & field

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com>.
I don't agree that party role types should be used for security. A
party's role could change, but not their permissions, or their
permissions could change but not their role.

It would be best to use a permission that represents a security role -
then it can be used independently of the party role.

Adrian Crum
Sandglass Software
www.sandglass-software.com