Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Joachim Müller <jo...@wemove.com> on 2008/09/26 22:05:29 UTC

session replication with Jetspeed-2

Hi all.

I read in JS2-620 that Jetspeed-2 does not support session replication.
Does anybody can point out why and whats to be done to make session
replication possible? IMO this is quite an important feature.

Joachim

Re: [unsure] session replication with Jetspeed-2

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Joachim Müller wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I read in JS2-620 that Jetspeed-2 does not support session replication.
> Does anybody can point out why and whats to be done to make session
> replication possible? IMO this is quite an important feature.
Hi Joachim,

Yes, we definitely consider that an important feature too, for which there is a specific issue as well: JS2-174

I just commented on that issue (while retargeting it to release 2.3 for now) which hopefully explains why we cannot (fully) support this
yet. Part of the problem is the usage of OJB and the somewhat awkward custom caching solution we had to implement for that.
Once we move to OpenJPA, which is now also retargeted for release 2.3, we expect things will become much easier to manage and we better hold
off trying to solve this feature until then.

Regards,

Ate