Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Christian Geisert <Ch...@isu-gmbh.de> on 2001/04/09 13:20:22 UTC

Re: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/fop/apps/XalanCommandLine

Michiel Verhoef wrote:

> Anyway, whatever version (even the binary distribution from Apache)
> does not run on our server ?????????? All calls to the fop.jar gave me
> the error (i.e. whatever class I call it is not found in my fop.jar, even
> though the class is there).

There was a change in the commandline usage from 0.17 to 0.18
(XalanCommandLine was replaced by org.apache.fop.apps.Fop)
see docs/html-docs/running.html and docs/html-docs/embedding.html

But your problem sounds like a classpath issue....
Change to the Fop-0.18.1-DEV directory and type:
fop.sh docs/examples/fo/simple.fo simple.pdf and see what happens.

> Weird werid weird...
> Cheers all,
>
> Michiel

Christian