Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/27 16:49:53 UTC

Re: eclipse debugging problem :(

Hi Fabian, I am still on vacation and I I don't know how to debug
myfaces with eclipse, but maybe someone on the list will tell :)

Regards,

Bruno

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Bruno Aranda wrote:
> Hi Fabian, I am still on vacation and I I don't know how to debug
> myfaces with eclipse, but maybe someone on the list will tell :)
>
> Regards,
>
> Bruno

Is answered in the dev list already, I am currently on the starting
point on trying out some stuff to add more precise info to the wiki
in this area (vague info already is there in the Eclipse manual)
so expect some added info later.

Re: eclipse debugging problem :(

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Werner Punz wrote:
> Ok I added some additional info, I just tested
> the subproject approach (which would be the cleanest way), that one did
> not work,
> now I added the info on how I usually do it by dumping subfolders
> or the entire myfaces project tree into an existing webproject.
> Also additional images are added.
>
> The doc is pretty much complete, if anyone with english as a native
> language is willing to check the text for errors, I would be
> grateful.
>
> Extra forrest documentation is not really needed because
> I already added the needed info for eclipse on the forrest
> page a while ago.
>
> Werner

I also added some specialized info for MyEclipse, since that one
seems to be the most popular plugin, and the one which causes the least
troubles for a straight debugging approach.

Some specialized info for Exadel will follow soon, those are the two
Eclipse plugins I use regularily and get my hands on quickly.
Feel free to add info for the other plugin collections
like Nitrox, FacesIDE, or the IBM WSAD, except FacesIDE those are out of
my scope.

If anyone is willing, to go over the text and correct the typos and
phrases, english is not my native language, german is, I would be
grateful, because I want to move that docs into the official docs in the
long run, where they in fact should be.

Werner

Re: eclipse debugging problem :(

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.