Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Laurent Perez <do...@free.fr> on 2001/05/30 11:51:49 UTC

no signature match Error

Hi

I'm getting the following error from my service :

<faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Server</faultcode>
<faultstring>Exception while handling service request:
testClass.afficheVecteur(java.lang.String,int) -- no signature
match</faultstring>
<faultactor>/soap/servlet/rpcrouter</faultactor>

My client call :

Vector params3 = new Vector();
     int number = 123;
     params3.addElement(new Parameter("txt", String.class,texte, null));
     params3.addElement(new Parameter("chiffre", Integer.class, new
Integer(number), null));

     call3.setParams(params3);
     call3.setSOAPTransport(scp);
     call3.setTargetObjectURI("urn:Service1");
     call3.setMethodName("afficheVecteur");
     call3.setEncodingStyleURI(Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC);

My afficheVecteur() method on my service class :

public Vector afficheVecteur (String blabla, int monum)
         {

                 Vector vc = new Vector();
                 vc.addElement(new String(blabla));
                 vc.addElement(new Integer(monum));
                 return vc;
         }

I don't see where the problem could be located, any help would be greatly
appreciated :)

Thanks

Laurent

RE: no signature match Error

Posted by "Matthew J. Duftler" <du...@watson.ibm.com>.
Hi Laurent,

Try packaging the testClass, and deploying and running it again. Then you
can make sure that the server is really finding the right class. Another
thing you can try is writing a JSP which instantiates an object of that
class, and invokes the method you want. That would show that it can be found
in almost the same context as that in which the SOAP-server executes.

Thanks,
-Matt

RE: no signature match Error

Posted by "Matthew J. Duftler" <du...@watson.ibm.com>.
Hi Laurent,

RE: no signature match Error

Posted by Laurent Perez <do...@free.fr>.

RE: no signature match Error

Posted by Laurent Perez <do...@free.fr>.

RE: no signature match Error

Posted by "Matthew J. Duftler" <du...@watson.ibm.com>.
Hi Laurent,

First, change the Integer.class constructor arg to int.class.

Second, in the shell where you intend to start your server from (that is, in
a shell with the same classpath set) enter:

javap testClass

and see if you see the method defined. Your server may be finding a
different definition of that class.

Thanks,
-Matt

RE: no signature match Error